Setting up an integration with QuickBooks Online is accessible to admin users through the Integrations tab in the Settings module of Boxstorm. This integration allows accounting transactions to be exported from Boxstorm to QuickBooks Online. When applicable, Boxstorm will export items, customers, vendors, and payment terms.
Important: Inventory within QuickBooks Online will need to be changed to Inactive in order for the integration to work. Boxstorm will send the items over again as Service type items.
This integration is only one-way from Boxstorm to QuickBooks Online. Orders created within QuickBooks Online will not be pushed back to Boxstorm, and inventory quantities from those orders will have to be manually updated within Boxstorm.
The ability to create and send both Purchase Orders and Sales Orders also exists within Boxstorm, and inventory will be adjusted automatically when these orders are fulfilled. In the Settings menu, you can upload your company info and logo to be displayed on those orders as well.
1. To connect to QuickBooks Online, click the Connect to QuickBooks button and enter your QuickBooks Online credentials.
3. After connecting, the Account Mapping page will be displayed. Here, accounts must be mapped to the accurate QuickBooks Online accounts. To verify the correct company data is being mapped, the QuickBooks Online Company name is shown beneath the General section. Click Save to finish the account mapping.
4. After being mapped and connected, the QuickBooks Online module will show a home page with 3 different data fields. Waiting to Export shows the information that has yet to be exported to QuickBooks, History shows a history of exports, and Previous Export shows the details of the prior Export.
5. Clicking the Export icon located on the upper right side of the home page will start to export all of the data within the Waiting to Export field. Click Done when the export is complete.
6. After items have been exported, the QuickBooks Dashboard will show the information brought over from Boxstorm.
Tax rates need to be in both Boxstorm and QuickBooks Online in order to use sales taxes. These will not export or update. Displayed below are diagrams illustrating how QuickBooks Online accounts will be affected by Boxstorm functions.
Displayed below are diagrams illustrating how QuickBooks Online accounts will be affected by Boxstorm functions.