The Purchase Order (PO) module allows items to be purchased from vendors. The Purchase Order Module can be found under the Purchasing drop down. The ability to scan Barcodes is also a feature and can be scanned using the Scan Items to Order field. When viewing the Purchase Order list, all PO’s with a status of open and partial will be visible. Fulfilled orders may be viewed by creating a Filter. *Note, Item has been customized to Part in this demo purpose. Item may be renamed according to your company needs in the Company | Settings module.
Create a Purchase Order
1. To create a Purchase Order, enter the Purchase Order Module from the Purchasing drop down menu. All Open or Partially fulfilled orders will be shown here in a list.
2. Click New in the upper right hand corner. Required fields will be marked with an * asterisk. The payment terms will default to the set terms for the chosen vendor.
3. To add items to the order, click the Add Line button. You may then choose an Item to be placed on the order. All of the default info for this specific item (UOM, Location, Cost) will auto-populate on the order. If any of the fields need to be adjusted, they may be done so by manually clicking on the field and changing the information. If the Cost is shown as 0.00, it is likely due to the fact that this item has never previously been purchased from this vendor. Simply highlight the cost field and manually enter the cost.
4. Items may also be added to an order through Barcode scanning. In order to scan barcodes, the feature must first be enabled through the Company | Settings Module. The feature is located in the Company tab, right hand side. If the Scan Barcodes feature is on, simply use the Scan Parts to Order field and manually scan items onto the order.
5. Next, choose the Order Details tab to ensure that the Vendor Address, as well as the desired Ship To Address are correct (These fields will populate from default vendor info located in the Vendors Module).
1. To automatically create a purchase order, click the Auto Order button from the Purchase Order home page. The auto order will create an order for items below their reorder points, including all sub locations. The calculation includes quantities that are already on purchase orders.
2. Reorder points are established for each item in the Item Module | Reorder Points tab. A Purchase Order will be created using the minimum/maximum levels established for that item.
Fulfill a Purchase Order
To fulfill an order, choose the order to be fulfilled and click the Fulfill button located in the upper right hand corner. The Item Fulfillment box will be displayed, allowing you to choose the items to be fulfilled. Highlight the row of items to be fulfilled and verify the quantity to fulfill. If not all of the items are being received at this time, edit the quantity to fulfill and choose Finish. Items that are remaining will stay on the order with a Partial status until the rest of the order is completed. Items will be received into inventory for the location specified on the item.
To print a Purchase Order report or a Receiving Ticket, click the Print button and select your desired report.
To quickly find an order, start typing in the Search field. Click a result in the list to open it. The Search field will utilize Total, Status, Vendor, and Number.
Filter Purchase Orders
1. To perform a more advanced search, click Filter Purchase Orders next to the search field on the home page. Choose the filter option you would like from the given drop down menu and click Apply. Multiple filters may be applied at the same time.
2. If a certain filter will be used frequently, you have the option to Save that filter for future use. Simply choose the Save icon next to the filter’s name. This will create a tab for that filter at the top of the page where it can be quickly loaded again at any time. To delete a saved filter, simply click the X next to the filter’s name.
History of a Purchase Order
2. The list can be filtered using the search field and can be sorted by clicking a column header. Click the Column settings button to customize the columns that are visible. Click the Print button to print the current view, and the Export to CSV button to export the current view.
Purchase Order Videos
New Purchase Orders Video
Fulfilling Purchase Video