1. Inventory is managed by the Items Module. The name “Items” may be customized by your company to fit your specific needs. (For example, the name Items has been changed to Parts for this demo purpose) If desired, the name may be changed in the Company | Settings Module.
2. Upon opening the Items Module, all of your items will be shown even if they have no inventory. Deleted items are not listed, but may be searched for using the “Filter Item” feature (see more in the Filter Items section).
3. A total Quantity for each item is calculated and displayed under the Quantity column of each item row. To view more detailed inventory levels and make adjustments click the Inventory button located on the right side of the Item row.
Adjusting Inventory for an Item
1. The Inventory box will display the total quantity on hand, on sales orders, and on purchase orders. It will also display average cost and total costs for the item, as well as the separate locations and quantity in each location.
On the right side of the box, there are three buttons with different features.
- Adds new inventory
- Adjusts the average cost
- will show or hide the columns
2. Selecting the checkbox next to a location will allow access to three additional buttons.
- removes inventory from the selected location
- allows inventory to be moved to a new location
- allows inventory quantities for the selected location to be cycle counted (cycle count is used when adjusting quantity physically on hand to match quantity shown in Boxstorm)
When finished adjusting inventory, click Close.
1. Inventory may be moved from one location to another by doing an Inventory Move. If inventory is simply being relocated, a move is the best option. If inventory is not physically in a location, the best option is to add inventory. Adjusting inventory has the possibility of changing cost of the item which could, possibly, adjust accounts in QuickBooks. Therefore to relocate existing inventory from one location to another, the Inventory Move is the feature to use.
2. To transfer inventory go to the Items Module and choose the Inventory icon on the right hand side.
3. Check the box next to the location of inventory in which you wish to move items FROM. Once the header turns green, choose the Move icon.
4. You will then be taken to the Inventory – Move screen where you will be required to choose the new Location and quantity being moved.
Click Finish to save your changes.
Add Tracking to an Item
1. Tracking may be added to existing inventory by clicking the Item number and choosing the Details tab. Select the preferred tracking method by checking the box for Lot Number or Expiration Date and click Save. Serial numbers are not supported in Boxstorm at this time.
2. After saving your tracking method an Add Tracking box will be displayed. Choose the Add Tracking icon. You will be guided to enter the tracking information for each location that has inventory. Choose Next and/or Finish to complete this step.
3. To view tracking from the Inventory module click the Inventory box next to your tracked item in the Item Module. Choose the newly appeared Show Tracking button. This will show Quantity, Lot Number and/or Expiration Date for the location. Tracking may also be edited from this same screen.
View the Inventory History of an Item
1. To see the Inventory History of an item click the Show History button, then select Inventory.
2. Any inventory history of the item will be shown here, along with the date and user that made the changes. The following features are also available through the Inventory History page:
- The list may be filtered using the search field.
- Click a column header to sort the table.
- Click the Column settings button to customize the columns that are visible.
- Click the Print button to print the current view.
- Click the Export to CSV button to export the current view.