Boxstorm Mobile for Android
Boxstorm Mobile provides the convenience of inventory management anytime, anywhere and may be installed on both ios and Android devices. Boxstorm Mobile has Dashboard, Items, Scan and Sales Orders modules for its basic functionality.
Installing Mobile for Android
1. Find Boxstorm Mobile by first browsing for and installing the app on your mobile device.
2. After installation is complete and the app is opened, the login page will be displayed where the Username and Password are entered. This is the same login information used for the website.
3. To access the different modules, simply choose the menu icon located in the upper left corner of the app. The modules that are accessible will be shown in the drop down menu.
The Dashboard is a paid feature not found in the free version. It will be the first screen that is shown (depending on rights given for the user). The Dashboard will instantly show the items that need to be Reordered (by location), the Open Sales Orders (with status of Accepted, Partial, or Quote) and the Open Purchase Orders (with status of Open or Partial).
Please note that the Dashboard module is informational only. Purchase Orders and Sales Orders cannot be fulfilled through Mobile App.
The Items module provides a list of all items in the Boxstorm database and their quantities. (even if that quantity is 0).
Create a New Item
Items may be created by clicking the New Item icon in the top right corner of the Items Module. Enter the information for the item and add an image if desired. Click Save to finish.
Search for an Item
To search for an item enter any part of the item’s name into the search field or use the barcode button and scan the barcode on the item. Choose the desired item from the given list. Additionally, you may scan the barcode of the item to find it in your inventory.
View Details and Edit an Item
1. To view the details of an item, choose one from the list and click on it. This screen is the easiest way to see an inventory break down by location. The Name, Description, Price, SKU, UPC, URL, Tags and Notes are also viewed here. Please Note: Inventory MAY NOT be changed from this module. To change inventory, see the Scan module.
2. To edit an item, click the Edit button in the top right corner. This allows for the Name, Price, Description, UPC, and Notes to be modified. Click Save to save any changes. Please Note: Inventory MAY NOT be changed from this module. To change inventory, see the Scan module.
Scan (Adjust Inventory)
1. Inventory may be typed or scanned into Boxstorm using the Scan Module. Items may be created using the Add New Item icon, may manually be searched using the keyboard, or scanned using a scanner device. The Camera icon allows for a picture to be taken of a barcode and used as a scanner.
Add Inventory – Recommended to use when adding additional inventory.
Cycle Count – Recommended to use when adjusting the total quantity amount at a given location. The number entered here is the physical count of inventory in stock.
Transfer Inventory – The movement of inventory from one location to another.
Remove Inventory – Removing inventory from a specific location.
2. To adjust inventory first Add, Scan, or take a picture of a barcode and choose the desired part from the given list. Once an item has been selected, a screen will be displayed to enter the quantity needing to be adjusted.
3. Click “Save” to save the quantity, then press the icon to open the Inventory options.
4. Once an inventory option has been chosen, the default location will be shown as the destination. To change either the Root or Sub location simply select the current location and choose a new location from the given list. Click “Save” in the upper right hand corner to complete the change.
Adjust inventory in batch
5. Inventory may be adjusted for multiple items at the same time. To remove an item, click the . To remove ALL items, click Clear in the upper right corner.
1. Sales Orders may be viewed in this module. You may search by customer name in the text field or filter using the drop-down menus by status or date. The module will show all sales orders currently in your Boxstorm database. You also have the option to create a sales order using the plus sign in the top right corner.
2. To view the sales order information, select the order you wish to view from the menu. There, you have the option to view the order number, purchase order, payment terms and sales rep. You also have access to information about the items in the order: item numbers, descriptions and amount fulfilled.
3. From the three dot menu in the top right-hand corner, you can take payment for the sales order or send an email to the customer regarding the order. You can also edit the order by clicking on the pencil icon in the upper right.