Boxstorm has the capability to provide stock alerts for users when inventory in a location reaches below a minimum quantity. These are established as Reorder Points in the Items module.
An alert may be sent to a user via SMS or Email, as specified in the Reorder Points tab of each item.
Reorder Points allow you to set min, max, and alert levels for each of your parent locations. If a phone number or email address is provided, a notification will be sent when the total inventory on hand for that location reaches the alert levels.
Create a Stock Alert
- 1. To create a stock alert, go to the Items module and select the desired item from the list. After opening the item, choose the Reorder Points tab. Click the Add Item Reorder Point icon in the upper right hand corner.
- Once the Set Reorder Details box is open, enter the information for this item and click Save.
- 2. Parent Location – The head location for this item, such as a warehouse.
- Min – The minimum inventory quantity that should be in stock for this item.
- Max – The maximum inventory quantity that should be in stock for this item.
- Alert – The inventory quantity amount that triggers an alert to be sent to the phone number and/or email address associated with this item.
- Phone (SMS) – The phone number to receive a message when the specified alert level has been reached.
- Emails – The email address to receive a message when the specified alert level has been reached.
The Item Reorder Points tab will show a list of all Parent Locations associated with this item. Each Parent Location can have their own min, max, and alert levels.
The Setting icon will allow the user to choose which columns are visible in the Reorder Points
What do the Min and Max mean?
The minimum and maximum levels set here are for the Auto-Purchase Order creation. When the Auto Order feature is selected (from the Purchase Orders module), any items that are below their minimum levels will automatically be created on a PO. The alert level is the number referred to when SMS or Emails are sent, not for when a PO is to be created.
Import Alert Levels via CSV File
Reorder Point Levels (Alert/min/max levels) may be imported en masse through a CSV file.
1. First, choose the Import/Export icon from the upper right hand corner of the Items module. Choose Reorder Point: Import.
2. All imports provide you with the option to download a sample CSV file. This will help you to see how a file should be formatted so that it can correctly import. You can use this file as a template and delete the information shown for the sample database (recommended), or you can create your own file and add each of the headers needed yourself.
3. Once the CSV file has been properly formatted, repeat Step 1 above. This time, select Choose File.
4. Once uploaded, your screen will show a summary report like the image below. If the file has been filled accurately and has all of the necessary information in the correct places, you will see green checkmarks next to the columns. If there is data that needs a little more specification, there will be a red X and a notice asking you to choose the correct column for the info. For example, if the system cannot tell which column on your spreadsheet is supposed to be the description, it will ask you to select the column manually using the dropdown. If you continue to have problems with the upload after this point, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your spreadsheet as well as a screenshot image and detailed description of the problem. Once the columns are appropriately matched, click Next.
5. A summary page of all the reorder points to be imported will be shown. Here, you can click on any field to finalize the import and make any last-minute changes. Once you are satisfied with your import, click the Import Data option in the lower right hand corner.
6. Congratulations! You have now imported your reorder points into your database. If you have any difficulty after reading this documentation, please email email@example.com. It will be helpful if you include the spreadsheet or details on what you need help with when you contact us.